Blue Jewel Mine
Drive along a spectacular coastal road to Bahoruco. From there, you will drive up the mountains to the only Larimar mine in the world. The Dominican Republic is the only country in the world where this beautiful stone can be found. In the mine, you have the opportunity to talk to the miners and can also see the hard work they do. You will even have the chance to find your own Larimar. On the way towards San Rafael lunch will be served directly on the river with a natural swimming basin and waterfalls. Before heading back to your hotel, you will visit a Larimar shop where you will not only see how the stone is processed but also have the chance to process your own.
Become a treasure hunter, looking for the famous half-precious blue stone. Discover the hard work of the miners inside the tunnels. Learn the process of Larimar to make your own jewel.
- Visit of the Mine and discover the miners work
- Panoramic view of the coast of Barahona
- Typical lunch in tropical and natural swimming pool of San Rafael
- Beach of San Rafael
- Visit of Larimar shop: make yourself your jewel!
08:00 – Start from your hotel
09:30 – Visit of the Mine
01:00 – Lunch at natural swimming pool in San Rafael
15:30 – Larimar work at art shop
17:30 – Back to the hotel
- Pickup/Transportation from your hotel (area of Barahona/Paraiso/Los Patos)
- Local English or French speaking tour guide
- Full typical lunch and drinks (water, juices and sodas)
- Entrance fees to the mine
- Vehicle 4×4
- Visit of a local Larimar handcraft
Guaranteed departure from 2 persons, every Friday
For private tours, do not hesitate to contact us.