- 4 days / 3 nights
- 2 full days of adventures and activities
- Starting from US$445.00 p/p (rates below as per your hotel choice)
- Guaranteed with 2 persons
- Seat-in tours
DAY 1 – Santo Domingo –> Barahona
In the morning, a taxi will pick you up at your hotel in the capital, drive you to the bus station, and take care of your tickets. (Four daily departures)
Bus trip takes around 03h15mns.
First towards San Cristóbal, then the road is passing through an agricultural area with villages surrounded by mangos, breadfruits, coconuts and bananas plantations. After Baní, the road will take you uphill, through a barren countryside covered with cactus, yellow agaves, thorny bushes, acacias and mimosas. In Hatillo, you will have a nice overview of the “Bahía de Ocoa”. You will enjoy a nice panoramic view of the “Rio Yaque del Sur” with its palm-trees. This unique river is the only source of life for this very dry area. You will arrive then in the capital of the province of Barahona, named also “the pearl of the South”, and located near the “Bay of Neiba” after crossing a fertile and moist valley. We will be waiting for you at your arrival and drive you to the hotel you choose.
Included meals: none
DAY 2-3 – Eco-Tours or Eco-Hikes
Please, choose two excursions from the offers below. Each tour is a full day accompanied by an experienced guide. (Meals included)
- Laguna Oviedo – A delight for lovers of the wild birds. Flocks of flamingos, birds and swans, only a small sample of more than sixty species of waterfowl.
- Bahía de las Aguilas – Experience one of the most beautiful beaches in the world with its 8kms of white sand and crystal waters, a real postcard.
- Lago Enriquillo – Explore the largest lake in the Caribbean, territory of the American crocodiles, iguanas and many birds.
- Mina de Larimar – Unique in the world! Discover this semi-precious gem (blue pectolite) and the extraction process.
- Cachote – An impressive biosphere reserve with its cloudy forest at about 4,200 feet above sea level.
- Cacao trail – Take this trek to discover the cacao plantations and all the exotic fruits: mangoes, coconuts, avocados, pineapples and much more.
- Garden of Eden – Trek in the heart of the mixed cultures of fruits and vegetables, discovering the villages of the Sierra de Bahoruco.
Included meals: Breakfasts and lunches
Accommodation: as per your selection
DAY 4 – Barahona –> Santo Domingo
In the morning, after your breakfast (included), a taxi will pick you up at your hotel, drive you to the bus station in Barahona (four daily departures) and take care of your tickets. Return and transfer back to the city of Santo Domingo.
- Transfers from/to Santo Domingo (public transportation) + taxi (both ways) hotel – bus station
- Tours in Jeep 4×4, A/C minivan or bus as well as by boat depending on the type of tour
- 3 overnights in double rooms with shower and toilet, 3 breakfast and 2 lunches (partially picnic or snack)
- Local English/Spanish and or French speaking tour guide
- All National Parks entrance fees and services charges
Services not included
- Tips for driver/tour guide.
- Additional meals and drinks not mentioned above.
- Personal expenses.
Due to operational and organizational matters, the order of the excursions may change. EcoTour Barahona reserves the right to decide in case of changes and/or suspension and/or cancellation for security reasons or weather conditions in the area of Barahona.
Hummingbird Eco-Holidays Rates
|Accommodation Class||Price per Person|
|Luxury Hotel||US$ 735.00 p/p|
|Nature Hotel||US$ 520.00 p/p|
|Standard Hotel||US$ 485.00 p/p|
|Bed & breakfast||US$ 460.00 p/p|
|Backpacker Hotel||US$ 430.00 p/p|
Rates are per person, in double room occupancy, based on a group of 2 persons and are except holidays and long weekends
For special groups and family rates as of 5 persons, please contact us.