Come and discover the Larimar stone and the spectacular coast of Barahona with its small villages.
In the morning, we will go all the way up to the Sierra de Bahoruco with a Safari truck to the unique Larimar Mine of the world. This famous stone has a turquoise color similar to the color of the Caribbean Sea.
Once we arrive at the mine, you will be able to meet with local workers who will guide you all along the mine to find your own stone.
On the way back, stop at the amazing Villa Miriam to have lunch. This private house was built in the middle of natural swimming pools and waterfalls.
After lunch, we will walk down to the San Rafael beach where a river meets the sea, forming natural swimming pools of cold water.
We will end the day with a visit to an authentic Larimar “studio”, where you will learn about the all process of transformation of the Larimar stone, (which you hopefully found in the morning), until a beautiful Larimar jewelry.
Become a treasure hunter, looking for the famous half-precious blue stone. Discover the hard work of the miners inside the tunnels. Learn the process of Larimar to make your own jewel.
- Visit of the Mine and discover the miners work
- Panoramic view of the coast of Barahona
- Typical lunch in tropical and natural swimming pool of San Rafael
- Beach of San Rafael
- Visit of Larimar shop: make yourself your jewel!
08:00 – Start from your hotel
09:30 – Visit of the Mine
01:00 – Lunch at natural swimming pool in San Rafael
15:30 – Larimar work at art shop
17:30 – Back to the hotel
- Pickup/Transportation from your hotel (area of Barahona/Paraiso/Los Patos)
- Private guide
- Full typical lunch and drinks (water, juices and sodas)
- Entrance fees to the mine
- Vehicle 4×4
- Visit of a local Larimar handcraft
Rate for a Seat-in Tour (minimum 2 persons):
US$ 119 pp
For special groups and family rates as of 5 persons, please contact us.